Black Spell Academy

It's an Academy for duelists on Dueling Network!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cloudians - Death By Fluff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lryuzaki13
Head of Horakhty
Head of Horakhty

PostSubject: Cloudians - Death By Fluff   Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Intoduction
I've finally decided to make a decklist on here, and I have decided it will be one of my favorite decks; Cloudians. Cloudians are a group of almost all fairy water monsters, except for three exceptions(more on those later). Generally, they can not be destroyed by battle, but are destroyed as soon as they enter defense position. Their effects revolve around the use and manipulation of fog counters to control the field and hand. It's difficult to pull off, but you can make your opponent have no cards on the field or hand, with extremely weak(and some extremely strong) monsters to poke them to death.

Fog counters are key to cloudians and there effects. Most of the, get fog counters when they are normal summoned, based on the amount of cloudians on the field. This means that Ultimate Offering(pay 500 life points to normal summon again) is a great card to have, as it can let you swarm the file with monsters and generate masses of fog counters.

Pros and Cons
*Great field control if properly executed
*Can't be destroyed by battle.
*Super cute<3.
*Extremely satisfying to pull off a win.
*Very low attack, excluding typhoon.
*No xyz or synchro cards in the archtype.
*Die if they're in defense position.
*Fog counters can be difficult to generate without proper cards.
*Relies mainly on normal summons, which slow the deck considerably.
*Difficult to maintain hand advantage, especially if you don't have Atlus to discard.

Now, let's take a closer look at some of the cards.

Monsters

Cloudian- Smoke Ball : This card is just a normal level 1 monster, low attack and defence, with none of the other Cloudians effects. However, you can special summon them with turbulence, and the other Cloudians get tokens from them if they are on the field. You can use these to xyz summon Mira The Giant Star Which will protect your cloudians from card effects, making them nearly unkillable.

Cloudian - Acid Cloud: This card can pop a spell/trap by removing two fog counters from itself. Easy way to clear the field. Also, it can not be destroyed by battle, and dies when in defense.

Cloudian - Cirrostratus: Similar to Acid Cloud, but destroys a monster instead.

Cloudian - Altus: This can remove 3 fog counters from anywhere to discard 1 card in your opponents hand. It gets fog counters the same as the other two, and has the same effects otherwise. 

Cloudian - Eye of the Typhoon: This is the beatstick of the Cloudians. With a whopping 3000 attack, it can destroy most monsters, but it also has a nifty effect of switching the battle positions of every non-cloudian monster when it declares an attack. It does require two tributes though, so having three in your deck isn't always the best idea. Still, nothing beats a good old-fashioned beatstick sometimes Wink

Cloudian - Nimbusman: This guy is quite fun to use. He starts with 1000 attack, and gets 500 more for ever fog counter on the field. He is summoned by tributing at least 1 water monster, and gets a fog counter for each monster that was tributed.

Cloudian - Sheep Cloud: This one does not have the effects on other Cloudians. Instead, he simply produces two Cloduian tokens when destroyed in battle. However, he is still useful, as the tokens can be tributes for nimbusman, will procude fog counters when other cloudians are summoned, and Storm Dragon can be summoned with the destroyed Sheep Cloud.

http://i.imgur.com/yrpEKfd.png

I will continue to edit this, don't worry.

Last edited by Lryuzaki13 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:24 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wynaughtify (KFC)

PostSubject: Re: Cloudians - Death By Fluff   Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 am

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one "working" hard haha Still waiting on further edits ^_^ The different colors to highlights stuff are where it's at :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lryuzaki13
Head of Horakhty
Head of Horakhty

PostSubject: Re: Cloudians - Death By Fluff   Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:19 pm

I can't say I'm working hard : p. This is going so slowly, I apologize. I just don't find it that interesting to post everything and explain how they're useful. I didn't appreciate how much work it was when you did it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloudians - Death By Fluff   

Back to top Go down

Cloudians - Death By Fluff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1